Detection Technologies offer a range of systems to suit most applications that require either perimeter fence protection or perimeter wall protection along with a comprehensive set of options to ensure integration with 3rd party systems is as seamless as possible.
Perimeter Fence Protection
Detection Technologies produces systems that address the requirements of most sites having an application for perimeter fence protection. These systems utilise our own sensor technologies, widely acknowledged to among the best in the world in their field of application.Such sensors include the VibraTek 3G linear magnetic sensor as well as other cutting edge vibration sensitive devices.
DuoTek / UnoTek Standalone
For smaller sites where system cost is often the major issue, DuoTek standalone, or it’s single zone counterpart, UnoTek standalone, are often chosen to ensure a cost-effective solution.
Both DuoTek and UnoTek stand alone systems may be located on the perimeter fence or up to 2500 metres from the fence if necessary.
Each standalone analyser provides a simple relay contact interface compatible with most commercially available alarm panels.
- State of the art digital signal processing hardware.
- Local and Remote System Control are possible.
- Ensures reliable detection performance when applied to, wooden fences, roofs and many other perimeter barrier structures.
- Contact Monitoring Capability allows simple integration of 3rd party detection systems.
- Integrated Audio Storage Capability.
- Integrated Audible Warning Device
In applications where the detection system is used in conjunction with CCTV verification, the DuoTek NET system may be the most cost-effective solution. The DuoTek NET system offers distributed signal processing with the analyser units located on the fence line.
Since power must be supplied to the CCTV cameras in the field, provision of power to the DuoTek NET analysers is easily achieved.
In many cases, the DuoTek NET analysers are mounted on the camera support poles making connection of power to the analysers a simple task.
The DuoTek NET system overcomes the issue of communication with the security management system by networking all the analysers together on a communications bus.
All DuoTek NET analysers offer two discrete detection zones and each DuoTek NET system can address up to 64 separate detection zones.
The inter-analyser communications facility provides:
- Ruggedized, industry-standard RS485 communications with automatic addressing
- Remote adjustment of the analysers
- Remote control of perimeter equipment
- Integrated monitoring of 3rd party detection systems
- Transmission of alarm information to a central SMS
- Full IP compatibility though Detection Technologies’ EtherTek basestation
- Comprehensive digital audio monitoring of live and stored audio
The MultiTek system offers centralised signal processing with all electronic modules located within a secure building, often the site control room, which may be located at some distance from the perimeter fence itself.
All field mounted components (sensor cable, termination boxes, gate connection kits etc.) are entirely passive and require no power to be routed to the perimeter fence.
This offers significant cost savings when compared with systems requiring power distribution and alarm communications along the perimeter fence line.
- Cost savings (installation of alarm communicationcabling along the perimeter is not necessary)
- Allows up to 2500 metres of non-sensitive cable between a zone of sensor cable
- Maximum configuration provides 64 Zones
- Digital & Analogue Audio Monitoring
Each VibraSector® analyser offers the ability to monitor and control up to 1000 metres of VibraTek® sensor cable which may be segmented into 100 sub-zones so that the location of intruder-related activity detected by the sensor cable may be identified to an accuracy of 1%
New Product Features
- New product incorporating ‘state-of-the-art’ technology
- Intrusion location to an accuracy of 1 %
- Each sub-zone may be independently adjusted for detection sensitivity
- Provides high quality digital audio verification
- Compatible with industry standard IP networks
- Allows mixing of ‘live’ sensor cable with ‘dead’ interconnection cable
From a quality field of more than 100 entries, the VibraSector product won the prestigious Security Technology Innovation Award at Security Essen 2012 in October last year.
Range calibration and sensitivity adjustment of the VibraSector detection system is a simple and straightforward process which utilises Detection Technologies’ own VESPA engineering software to complete this task.
Perimeter Wall Protection
Detection Technologies’ VibraFon system provides a unique solution where there is a requirement to detect climb-over, break-through, and dig-under attacks on perimeter walls.
The VibraFon system utilises point sensors installed within the wall to detect the vibrations caused as an intruder (or escapee) tries to climb-over, break-though, or dig under the wall.
The VibraFon system is sensitive enough to detect ladder aided climbing attacks on most wall constructions.
VibraFon is unique in that it requires no mechanical structures to be added to the wall as is often the case when applying sensor cable technology to such applications.
VibraFon has applications in the VIP residence sector as well as high security sites employing perimeter walls such as embassies and government buildings.
Security Management System (SMS) Integration
Detection Technologies can offer a number of options to ensure the task of integrating our detection systems with 3rd party security management systems is as straightforward as possible.
Integration can take place on a number of levels with the simplest option being through dry relay contacts – often the only option with legacy equipment still using this industry-standard interface.
At the other end of the scale, full TCP/IP integration is possible and since the trend within the industry moves inexorably towards wholly IP based systems, Detection Technologies are well placed to meet the challenges of this evolution within the security industry.